Bob Foster - Brief Biography
Hi, I'm Bob Foster.
I live in Taunton in Somerset, United Kingdom.
I'm a Training Engineer for Western Power Training, and have developed many learning facilitation systems within the company.
I have also developed a simple web-based version of one of these systems: Demo of Multiple Choice Question Delivery system which you can try by clicking this link.
I am also studying for a Phd in Computational Linguistics at Wolverhampton University.
I recently organised the MCQ-Creation Workshop exploring the fascinating task of creating Multiple Choice Questions. The proceedings and the Call for Papers for the next workshop can be accessed from this link.
* (2011) Creating a High Voltage Cable-Jointing Knowledge check using the CARE Generation Methodology (Paper) In proceedings of LIC-Education 2011, London, UK
* (2011) Construed Antonym Realisation Exercises (Poster)
* (2010) Multiple Alternative Choice test items (MACs) deliver more comprehensive assessment information than traditional 4-option MC test items (Paper) In proceedings of LIC-Education 2010, London, UK
* (2010) Automatic generation of Multiple Alternate Choice (MAC) test item stems by applying Causal Relation Explication, Addition and Manipulation (CREAM) to pre-processed source documents (Paper) In proceedings of LIC-Education 2010, London, UK
* (2010) Coherence Relation Explication, Addition and Manipulation (Poster)
* (2010) Improve the output from a MCQ test item generator using Statistical NLP (Paper) In proceedings of ICALT 2010, Sousse, Tunisia
* (2010) Lexifying Field Strength (Poster)
* (2010) Adapting Multiple-Choice Item-writing guidelines to an industrial context (Paper) In proceedings of ICEIS, Funchal, Madeira
* (2010) Cataphoric Lexicalisation (Paper)In proceedings of ICEIS, Funchal, Madeira
* (2010) Cataphoric Lexicalisation (Poster)
* (2009) Improving the Output from Software that Generates Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) Test Items Automatically using Controlled Rhetorical Structure Theory. In Proceedings of RANLP 2009 Student Conference, Borovets, Bulgaria, September 2009. pp. 29-34
* (2009) Controlled Rhetorical Structure Theory (poster)
* (2009): Controlled Specific Learning Objectives. In Proceedings of ACORN Graduate Conference, Aston University, May 2009.
* Controlled Specific Learning Objectives (poster)
I teach Clarinet and Saxophone from home and my other hobbies are writing Short Stories and Novels and Playing Bridge.
I have also created some Music CDs which have been used as background music on training videos produced at work
If you wish to contact me, I prefer to work with Emails since I am an early riser. My address is email@example.com
Thanks for visiting my site, and I hope you find something of interest here.